Join the MediaLeaders team! We are a marketing team with deep roots in social media and we help companies to launch and manage their Twitter, Facebook & LinkedIn campaigns. Our traditional approach to marketing with the latest in cutting edge tools has helped us to grow to manage over a dozen brands (including our own social media bootcamp brand). We’re looking for the right person to join our team in Los Angeles. If you’re that person, please watch the videos below and apply at the bottom of this page.
The perfect candidate will have the following strengths:
- You find it very easy to express yourself in written words, you’re a good copywriter and you understand how to be very clear in your messaging – Especially in short form
- You are very detail oriented & good at organizing new info that’s thrown your way - From clients or team members
- You’re pretty good at using MS Excel or Google Docs to manage the data – No advanced calculations, just writing text and formatting cells with notes and colors that make sense to the whole team
- You must have a passion for making things accurate – This means knowing how to use spell check and double checking grammar
- The right candidate is VERY fast at learning new stuff and always wants to find some new technology that will help the client fix a problem or make our relationship with a client a little more fun – This is really creative and a fun way for our team to always find new ways to deliver our service.
Skills that we consider an added bonus:
- The right candidate might understand the basics of graphics – cropping, resizing, etc.
- Know how to use WordPress to edit pages and/or update widgets
- Possibly have some knowlege of HTML – Not necessary, but we will teach you a little of this
- Maybe know how to write in the Spanish language
Your job will be comprised of some of the following:
- Project management and organization of lots of client messages and info
- Some copy-writing (message creation) for social media
- A little client-interaction to provide updates and answers to timely questions
- Research on the latest tools each week to present ideas to the team
- Great marketing – You will learn the best “direct response marketing” techniques and will always learn how to make friends and make money (online)
- WordPress – You will learn how to update wordpress blogs, tweak widgets and make changes to all of our 4 web properties
- Updating powerpoint – We give a lot of presentations and there’s always small tweaks and great ways to improve the deck
- Partner/Vendor Communications – We have a lot of allies and friends in our space and we love getting them all on the same page so we can do some great things together. Your role will be to help manage that communication.
- We are very team-oriented. “We” is more important to us than “I” – There is no hierarchy, no CEO or lower level worker. We all work on projects together and we call each other “team members”
- We don’t use buzz words. Our success comes from our effective use of key works that lead to results. We don’t like lofty fluff or words like “strategy”
- We are creative with tools. We constantly research free and paid tools so we can find an awesome and effective fix for a client’s needs. This continual testing and knowledge is crucial to our work
- ABL – Always be learning. – We are students of our work, as opposed to experts. We take criticism well and we love feedback. We don’t like being called gurus, experts or ninjas. We are more than experts, we’re enthusiasts. We love what we do and we’re fortunate to get the chance to provide this service for great clients.
- No drama. We get along well and respect each other and take the high-road. We treat each other like we treat clients, with transparency and kindness.
- Must work hard. – Clients love our work ethic and say that we have a mentality of “getting it done fast.” We take great pride in keeping this as one of the cornerstones of our mission statement.
- We are a startup. – All hands must be on deck and every team member needs to be working hard to keep the ship afloat. We all need to do almost anything that it takes to keep clients saying amazing things
- We read. – We’re always studying and researching old school marketing books, new school blogs and coming up new hybrid approaches for clients and our company
Now, a little about our two divisions:
Our Strike Team (the day job)
We are a social media strike team helping brands & celebrities take control of their twitter & facebook campaigns
- We use social media and emerging technologies to interact, activate and drive word of mouth through messaging. We enhance your existing marketing campaign by creating bite-sized messages that engage your audience 4-5 times a day. We believe messaging is the MOST important part of your social media strategy and we promise you will see outstanding results with our work.
Learn more on our social media strike team site.
Get to know our content from our founder:
Our Networking Events and Bootcamps (The Fun Job)
We sharpen our grassroots marketing skills by hosting networking events and workshops for young professionals. Since our first Los Angeles event in 2008, we have grown to over 15 cities in 4 countries and 3 languages. We consist of thousands of professional members in Marketing, Advertising & Technology. Learn more on our Media Leaders website
Watch this video to learn more:
Want to join our team?