Tracking Social Media ROI With HootSuite and The Palms Hotel
When we first launched MediaLeaders.com we set out to develop best practices on Twitter and Facebook to help businesses turn prospects into customers.
We like to test different messages across all social media networks and use analytics to track social media roi.
One of our most famous case studies came from a one month campaign when we partnered with HootSuite and Palms Casino to find out how to create the most profitable tweet.
With the help of Kemp Edmonds at HootSuite and some fancy Google Analytics ecommerce tracking, Josh Ochs and the MediaLeaders Team launched a successful 30 day campaign on Twitter and Facebook for the Palms Hotel to track revenue from room bookings back to individual social messages.
Tracking social media ROI: Here's the Campaign Overview For The Palms Hotel and MediaLeaders
- Earned $903 in revenue from one organic Facebook post
- Exceeded campaign revenue goals by 67%, earning a total of $5,029.19
- Exceeded room rate reservation goal by 47%, with a total of 22 transactions
- Gained 2,600 more Twitter followers over the month-long campaign
- Increased follower engagement across all social channels
Here's an excerpt from our case study that HootSuite featured on their blog:
Here's the slideshare overview: